Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stamp Bucket::Organization


I don't know about you, but I can never have too many stamps! I heart me some stamps! Unfortunately, I have so many, and not enough places to keep them. I have a few drawers where they are laid out and easily accessible. I also have a neat little stand I found while thrifting. That stand holds my most commonly used stamps, my 'go-to' stamps if you will.


While I was at said thrifting trip I found this hideous orange bucket. Totally ugly. And of course, I forgot to take a before a pic. But the after! Oh this after is so much better.


I repainted the bucket a very pretty blue and stamped the word 'stamps' on the front. So now I have a catch-all for those loose stamps that I use often, but not everyday

I just love reaching into this pretty bucket and pulling out wonderfully fun stamps. I also love the word stamps! I'm also a goofy dork!




Moral of this story? Never leave something at the thrift store just because it is a hideously, gross, ugly, orange thing. Paint does wonders my friends!



And don't forget to stop by and visit me at Layton Family Joy today!

4 comments:

Gina M. said...

I have my stamps in buckets at present; however, it is difficult to find the stamp I want without emptying the whole bucket. I cannot wait to have drawers to put the stamps into so that they lie flat! No room at present, but soon I will have a craft room and then the drawers will come. Yay!

Unknown said...

That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing your thrift store find!

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

You're a genius! And that turned out SO cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!