Monday, May 3, 2010

Pretty Fabric Rosettes::No Sew

I have been wanting to make these little cuties for some time now, but have been to lazy busy to try. The needle and thread thing, not something I dive right into. I'm in the process of teaching myself to sew, but I get really scared thinking about needles and thread just didn't feel like getting the needle and thread out to try was so busy. Then Amanda showed me a SUPER smart way to do them. Not so sure why I didn't think of it myself. I guess I just needed some inspiration on this one. {Thanks Amanda!}


She shows a great tutorial on how she made hers. It's super easy to do, just take a strip of fabric {the length depends on how big you want your rosette} and twist, wrap, glue. You're done! I love the way they turned out, and as she said, you just want to make so many more! I made a ton! I am adding them to everything, in all different colors of fabric. They really spruce up plain-jane items. {I didn't actually put these on my sweater, I just set them there for a photo-op}



I added some to my daughters plain t-shirts, they are just too cute. All I did for that was cut some iron-adhesive, put it on the back of the flowers, and ironed away. Hopefully they'll stay. We'll see...
I haven't taken a photo of those yet, so for now, enjoy me. Again.



What have you done with fabric lately? Have you done a no-sew project? Please share! I love to see your creations.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try this! It will be perfect for some projects I'm been thinking abt doing for my daughter! :)

Heather said...

Very pretty, I love the all white too. Thanks for sharing!