Thursday, March 25, 2010

Vintage Paper Wreath with Hymnal Sheets



My newest crafty idea. I LOVE making these! They aren't the easiest or fastest things I have ever made but I really enjoy the process, and they are so pretty to look at!

I made one out of an old book and the others out of a vintage hymnal from my church's choir room. My honey scrounged around for one. But don't worry, it's ok, he has permission, he is the worship leader, I don't think he minds taking a book from himself for his honey and her crazy ideas!

I do have a few of these in my Etsy shop {Shameless, I know!}

And because I am so behind from my move, I thought I would just share one little Christmas ornament I made. I attached these on to the gifts. They were super fun to make and I really like the way they turned out.

{{ It has come to my attention that there is a GREAT tutorial out there on how to make these ornaments. You could change the look for any season. I wish I had known earlier that this tutorial was out there, I would have shared it sooner! }}



What items around your home have you found a new use for?




14 comments:

Kelly said...

I love it! I'm in the process of doing one with vintage looking scrapbook paper and I'm crossing my fingers that it looks even half as goo as what you did here:)

My Little Notebook said...

I love the idea of using sheet music for this. It's really beautiful, and you are clearly very talented!

Bonnie said...

I love this idea! Anything using vintage sheet music is always a fun project. :)

I recently potted some succulents in my house using some clay pots and tiny pitchers I've collected through previous vacations. They always just sat around collecting dust and now they have a little bit of green life to help brighten my day.

Glad I found your blog. Have a lovely weekend... oh and LOVE your blog name. :)

xoxo,
Bonnie

KasiaJ said...

I love your take on the page wreaths. Fabulous.

Eclectic Thrifty Chic said...

Hey there.. I love them! I have seen a fair few of this kind of wreath and these are, by far, my favorites.. Great job :)

Herbgirl said...

I love both old books and wreaths so what a beauteous idea. Especially love the fleur-de-lis in the center also.
Herbal Blessings, Mandy

Anne said...

I love the look of these! I've been on a book page crafting kick lately and I may have to try one of these for myself!

Wendy said...

Very pretty~

TidyMom said...

absolutely beautiful!! Amazing!!

Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Hope to see you again this week!

Sara said...

They are so beautiful, I especially love the one made with music paper.
I am sure you will sell a lot of them on Etsy.

Sara

Unknown said...

These are adorable! I am stopping by via Cottage Instincts. Your etsy shop is cuuute! Happy Monday!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! I love these! What a great job you did on your pretty wreaths! I hopped over from Making the World Cuter and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and hope that you will do the same. until later...

Angie Holden said...

Very cute! Love your take on this!!

Kaysi said...

Those are great and look beautiful!