Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ruffle Wreath Tutorial :: $ Store Craft

I have had this idea in my mind for a while now and finally had the time to put it into action.{Please excuse the poor photo quality, I did this project late last night and wanted to make a tutorial out of it}



I totally love how it turned out! Want to know how to make one? Then keep reading!

You will need:
  1. Floral foam wreath from the $ store
  2. 100ct of white coffee filters {I used 99 on this wreath}
  3. Stapler and at at least 100 staples
  4. White Ribbon
  5. Fav ribbon (for hanging wreath)
  6. Radiant Rain or Shimmer Mist 
First you want to fold the filters in half  First, you want to wrap your wreath form in white ribbon, THEN fold your filters. Learn from my mistake!


Then in half again


Then in half again


Fold the tip up to where the ruffles start


This Next part is hard to put into words. You just want to start stapling them on and stagger them next to each other to that you don't have gaps...make sense? The very bottom row is the only one that will be in a straight row.


Keep working your way around the wreath until it is completely covered. 


Take your shimmer spray and spray over the entire thing. This really adds some more depth and charm to this wreath.


How perfectly sweet is this!? If I would have thought about this years ago, I would have used them as wedding decorations! Since I didn't, I will enjoy having it on the door to my bedroom.

This just makes me smile every time I look at it, and it only cost me $2 to make, which makes me smile even bigger!

I'm linking this post to CSI today. 






Visit thecsiproject.com

30 comments:

Robin {keephomesimple} said...

I love your wreath! Love the look, love the cost! Great job!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love your wreath!!!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful!
Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related No.11!
{Rebekah}

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Wow! This is really delicate and beautiful!

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

What an elegant wreath, and such a creative craft. I'm looking forward to trying this one out. Thanks for the great tutorial!!

Hope you're doing well :)

Cara Sexton said...

I absolutely love this. I've seen coffee filter wreaths before but could never really be sure how they were assembled, so I appreciate your tutorial. I'll be on the lookout for some foam wreath forms, for sure. Again, thanks for sharing -- it's beautiful!

Infarrantly Creative said...

That is gorgeous. Shimmer spray? I have never heard of that. But I must investigate. That is absolutely fluffy and frilly and I loves! Thanks for linking up to the CSI Project.

Olivia said...

That is beautiful! I would never guess it was made with coffee filters!

Erin A said...

THis looks great!! I've never seen one with white coffee filters before. I've used the brown filters on a few crafts, but I just love how fluffy this turned out!

Great job!

Decorchick! said...

LOVE this!! I really need to get on the ball with making some wreaths. Yours is great! Visiting from JAG. :)

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh, I love the fullness of that wreath. Maybe I've got flowers on my mind, but it reminds me of the peonies I have in my garden right now! So pretty! I received your email and will send the pattern right off. Just had to come over and check out your blog -- the title was intriguing to say the least! ;o)

June said...

Very cute, thanks for sharing. I saw this on Someday crafts. I really like it. I made a similiar one from plastic bags that I can hang outdoors.

June

Liz said...

Awesome!

Breathing In Grace said...

That's amazing...and looks so good!!! Thanks for your comment on my baby boy rag quilt!

Karen said...

Very cute! I could be made Christmas-y with some red and green touches of glitter or ribbon.

Stef said...

Adorable! $2!!!!! Now that's a success! I love coffee filter projects. Good job! I wouldn't be surprised if you've got yourself a CSI feature here!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I seriously reread it several times because it just made me feel so good. :)

Have a good day!

Kara said...

Visiting from CSI. I just love this wreath! I think I'll be heading to the store for some coffee filters. :)

Samantha said...

Nicely done.

Kara Henry said...

This is just beautiful! I love these types of wreaths, but I've never tried one. Maybe one of these days.

Fresh Poppy Design said...

Super pretty!

raggygirlvintage said...

That is so effective and wouldn't it be fab for summer weddings!
Tracey

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing!

Kimberly said...

I've seen a lot of crafts with coffee filters. But this is all-time awesome new one! Wow it's great!

Helena said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful! And only $2?? Awesome.

Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy Session at Life in the Pitts

Carmen and Rachelle said...

I LOVE this wreath! I like wreaths but never really saw one that fit my style and budget and this one does both! :D I also had to pass it one to my sis-in-law who is collecting wedding ideas! Thanks for sharing it!

Jess said...

Just wanted to let you know that I featured you today on Favorite Things Friday! Feel free to take a Featured button if you would like! Thanks!

Rachel Moss said...

Fabulous! I'm not especially craftsy, but I just may tackle this one.

Gwen said...

This is CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Ok....that is about the coolest thing that I have seen in a very long time!!! :)

BettyBee said...

Love this project! I used a 16" wreath, and found that it took nearly 400 coffee filters, and I needed to use straight pins, with a little Tacky Glue, as the staples wouldn't hold, but I think this is a great tutorial, and super project. I am using it as a Christmas Wreath for Cuttlebug Challenge Blog and Imaginisce Papers. I will be giving you the credit :)