Friday, April 3, 2009

Some Mistreatin'


I have been so very busy this past week (or has it been two weeks?) I have not forgotten about you dear readers. I have missed you all terribly. Ok, now on to more important things. :)

I have a cute little lamp (from Micheal's on clearance for $1.19!) that I keep on my cute little natural wood table (from an antique store for $4!). I heart this table because I can change the them out each season. For spring, I have a vase of flowers (yes they are fakes) in an adorable pink tin can with two birdies on it (free, it was a gift), a spring photo, a nest with eggs, and my lamp.

For this mistreatment, all I did was add some ribbon. To my lampshade. But not on the bottom. There was no glueing or sewing, or thumbtacking. I took a very pretty green ribbon with gold-ish swirls (the gold matches the lampshade perfectly) and just tied it around the shade. It really added something and I totally love it!


Now go find your ribbon and dress up your shades! :-)

p.s. I apologize for the awful photos, it is very rainy and gloomy in my neck of the woods...


1 comment:

The Masked Mommy said...

I love this! I have some really boring lamps in my living room, and I want to do something to give them some personality, but I don't want to permanently altar then. I think this might just be the perfect idea!