Thursday, February 18, 2010

Spherical Decor


{Originally posted January 2009}

Spherical (if that's a word) Decor! All the rage.

I have been seeing a lot of these things around in home decor. These suckers are not Cheap! I am! So, I had a brilliant idea. (I am full of those you know). Anyway, I thought, why not make my own? I have all the items to do so.

I quickly pulled out my glue, Styrofoam ball, and moss and got to work.

Gluing in small sections at a time just adhere the moss to the ball. You can tie green thread around the ball to help secure the moss a bit more. I skipped that step mostly because these will be in a jar, but also because I am too lazy to go digging through my chest to find the case of green thread. (yes I have that much thread-18 cases full of thread, color co-ordinated).

These were easy and FAST! I only had two balls on hand so I will be stopping by the dollar store later this weekend. (Yes, I realize how bad that sentence sounds-no pun intended) Be good readers!

Send me your photos or links to your creations! Can't wait to see them! :) OR, if you feel you would not want to make these but can not live without them, I have some in my esty shop. Check it out! :)










No comments: