Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fabric Tape :: How To

I have had my eye on some seriously delicious Japanese washi tape... but haven't really wanted to make the commitment just yet. I figured I could probably make my own, which is always a crafter's state of mind. We see something we like, and just know we can make it ourselves. Or am I the only one?? Maybe, but at least you all get to benefit from some of my "Icanmakethatmyself" ideas! Score!!

So here is how I made my fabric tape. And I love this, because you can use whatever fabric you like!

Supplies needed:

Fabric of your choice
Xyron Sticker Maker {$10 at Walmart or craft stores}
Scissors


Cut your fabric to the desired width, or the width allowed by your sticker maker.

Insert fabric into sticker maker, and pull through.


Viola! You now have beautiful fabric tape.


You can use this to adorn packages, gift bags, gift wrap, or as embellishments for scrapbooking and card making. It could also be added to home decor DIY projects!


The only problem you'll find with this project is, you can't seem to make enough! I have made so much already, and still I can't stop. It's fun, easy, and so much cheaper than buying it online.

If you decide to make some, I'd love to see how you use it! Send me an email with your project, or upload it to the ODC flickr pool! The flickr pool is new, I thought it would be a fun way to share projects with each other and get inspiration!

Tell me, what would you use fabric tape for?

1 comment:

PinkGranny said...

This is so wonderful and makes total sense. I have lots of ideas roaming around right now. I will have to go sleuthing to find the sticker maker. Thank you for sharing.