Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Repurposing your items

I sometimes find that the best form of retail therapy is to shop my house. Ok, reeeally, it's my husbands best form for me :-) lol.

I do enjoy finding new purposes for items that I truly love, that are not being used to their full potential. It typically goes like this: I am at (the store) when I spy something I cannot live without. Where will it go? How will I use it? Hmmm, I have no clue, but it's coming home with me anyway! 

I know once I get it home inspiration will strike (who cares if it's a year later, right?) :) Case in point: I purchased this tiered desert stand from a blogger. I was In Love with it, but had no "home" for it. The price was Amazing so I just could not resist. It sat on top of my hutch for about 3 months. Then, about a week ago, I had an amazing idea! 

I have been on the hunt for a smaller jewellery box but could not find one that suited the style in my room, or personal taste. As I was rearranging my room (per the nester's instructions) I thought, how would that tiered do-dad work?


I love it so much and I can not believe it took me that long to think of it! (please don't mind the dresser-that is an "I am refinishing this thing!" project taking place this spring!) :-)

So go see what you can find. Shop your house (or your sisters, mothers, brothers, neighbors, friends) and see what fun exciting things you can find (or steal from others-jk :) to repurpose. Be sure to send me a photo! I love to see how you reuse those "old" items.


2 comments:

The Nester said...

You go girl! Shop that house! And what a nice shop it is.

Kate said...

Oooh I love the use of the dessert stand!