Saturday, March 13, 2010

His Style vs. Mine :: Functionality Trumps

We are starting to get settled into our new abode. But I have a lot of creative storage ideas that need to happen. We are a family of 4 living in a space for 2. And we're renting. Here are some ideas I am playing with. Some of these have already been incorporated, others will need to be modified to work for our space. The concepts will work I think. Hope you look forward to some posts about our transition and my super mad skills for making these ideas work in a rental.



We have already added the pot rack and knife strip to the kitchen. We also added a rack for utensils. I love the look!


This is essential for us. Right now, we don't have a bed. We owned a Cali-King but had to sell because it wouldn't fit in the room. We are currently sleeping in an a Queen airbed.


With homeschooling, storage is always a struggle. I like this idea. It utilized wall space, which is a huge plus because floor space is pretty coveted in our home.


We also had to downsize our desk. We have a 24" imac and it basically takes up the entire surface of the desk. There's space on the side for out mouse pad and just enough space on the other side to place a notepad. Again, utilizing wall space is essential. I think this can easily be made. So that is my plan.


Arg, floor space, my arch nemesis. These would be great for extra seating for little ones. And they can store pretty easily since they are small-ish.

This, I think, would be perfect! It's comfy and mobile. I can put it anywhere, and it would certainly be more comfy for the larger version of a child bum. Plus, it has that modern touch that the hubby likes. Me. Not so much, but I am finding that I have to sacrifice alot of my style for functionality in this new place. Hopefully, I can find a way to mesh my style with his and have something super functional and even cuter!

As you can see, I will be very. Now, if all this rain would go away I could get some work done. Until then, I will just have to have fun shopping for the items I need. :)


No comments: